Sunday, January 18, 2015

Exodus 4 & 5

Hey yall! Our readings can be found in Exodus chapter four and five. I will be using the SOAK study method from Women Living Well and it can be found here http://womenlivingwell.org/2015/01/how-to-use-soak-bible-study-method-bible-coloring-chart/ I also will be using the discussion questions that can be found here http://womenlivingwell.org/2015/01/its-time-to-begin/#comment-162476

Exodus 4
S -And Moses answered and said, But, behold, they will not believe me, nor hearken unto my voice: for they will say, The Lord hath not appeared unto thee.

 That they may believe that the Lord God of their fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath appeared unto thee.

 10 And Moses said unto the Lord, O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue.

 12 Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth, and teach thee what thou shalt say.

O -When Moses is called by God to go to Egypt and confront pharaoh he hesitates quite a few times. Moses always comes up with a reason as to why he is not capable to do what is commanded of him. God continually assures him that He will be with and guide him along the way.

A -When God asks us to do something we need to just do it. God gives us the guidance and strength we need to do whatever is asked of us.

K -Dear Lord, I thank you for guiding me when I feel as if I am unequipped to act in your will. I thank you for the strength that you have given me. I ask that you would continue to help me learn to say Yes Lord without hesitation. Amen.

Exodus 5
S -
22 And Moses returned unto the Lord, and said, Lord, wherefore hast thou so evil entreated this people? why is it that thou hast sent me?

23 For since I came to Pharaoh to speak in thy name, he hath done evil to this people; neither hast thou delivered thy people at all.

O -Moses went to God and questioned Him again. Things don't turn out the way he thinks they are suppose to.

A -Sometimes God doesn't work as fast as we expect. We need to learn to expect God to do things in His own time and not ours.

K -Dear God, I pray that you would help me with having patience and trust. Help me to trust you when you say you will do something. Help me to have patience and an open heart for the times it may take longer for you to show me something. Amen.

I have found so many things to work on by reading through the book of Exodus so far. Today's reading was no different. As we read about Moses in these two chapters, I find myself relating so much. Moses questions God repeatedly only to hear the same answer. God called him to do this and God will be with him when he does it. Like I have mentioned before in other posts, I struggle with just saying yes Lord. I tend to self doubt and wonder how can God use someone like me. I let my own fears of judgement from others or even speaking to others get in the way. It seems like if the Lord has faith in us and our ability to do something, we should have the same faith in Him to help us through it. When Moses does do what God ask of him the results aren't what he thought they should be. Sometimes we expect God to work as soon as possible. This is just simply not how our heavenly Father works. Sometimes it takes a while especially when it comes to prayer. I myself have had many times where I have diligently prayed about something only to feel like I haven't been heard. Ya know often times things people pray for don't happen right then. Sometimes there are lessons to be learned in the silence and the desperation. In the case of Moses, things were not changed right when he spoke to pharaoh. God used this time to show his power. Eventually Moses does lead the Israelite s out of Egypt but I think His own faith became stronger because of how God did this. I will leave you all with this thought today   

Can you imagine what God could accomplish through us if we only stepped aside and let God move, even if it be in His own time?

Study Questions: Has there ever been a time in your life when you felt God had called you to do something but you didn't feel like you could? Have you ever wondered why things go wrong when you feel as if you are doing everything right?






No comments:

Post a Comment