Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Summer Bible Study With Good Morning Girls (Psalm 19)


     Hey y'all! Our reading for today is Psalm chapter 19. I will be using the SOAK bible study method from Courtney at Women Living Well. More information on this bible study method can be found here http://womenlivingwell.org/2015/01/how-to-use-soak-bible-study-method-bible-coloring-chart/ on her site. This week you can find lots of awesome and helpful free resources that Courtney has provided for participants here https://womenlivingwell.org/2018/07/good-morning-girls-resources-psalms-16-20/. Now lets grab our bibles and get into God's word together!

Psalm 19
S - The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
 
Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.

There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.

Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun,

Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race.

His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it: and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof.

The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.

The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes.

The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.

10 More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

11 Moreover by them is thy servant warned: and in keeping of them there is great reward.

12 Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults.

13 Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression.

14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.

O - David speaks about the wonder of Gods glory being evident in His creation. He then describes seven aspects of God's word and how valuable the word of God is. He expresses his desire to have a clean heart. Lastly, he turns to God in surrender and prayer.

A - This chapter reminds me of the glory of God. It helps me see that I should continuously strive to diligently surrender to God daily.

K -Dear God, thank You for Your magnificent creation and awesome word. I ask that You would help me to always search my heart so that I can be in complete surrender to Your will. -Amen

      I have found so many interesting things to think about by reading through the book of Psalms so far and today is no different. As I read in this chapter about Davids reflection on the glory of God, I found myself feeling amazed. Verse fourteen stuck out to me the most in this passage. In this verse, David prays about surrendering his words and thoughts to the Lord. David knew how important it was to guard his words and heart. He chose to make a conscious effort to surrender and lean on God's redeeming strength.

     This passage reminds me of the importance of words and the condition of the heart. Not only do our actions need to align with Gods will, but also our words. The desires of out hearts should be pure and pleasing to the Lord. We should strive for making all areas of our lives acceptable in the eyes of the Savior. We need to remember to give these areas over to God daily and ask for the strength to do so. I am learning to lean on God for the things I am not able to do alone. God is teaching me how to surrender diligently to Him in prayer each day.

     Overall, today's reading helped me to see the importance of living a surrendered life and I pray it did for you as well. Thank you for joining me today and I hope to see you back here next week as we read Psalm 21-25. I will be posting on Wednesday. I will leave y'all with some discussion questions for today posted below. I invite you to fellowship with each other, share your thoughts, participate in the discussion questions, and encourage one another in the comment section below this post. Have a blessed day!
 
How can you reflect daily on your words and the desires of your heart? IS there anything that you need to surrender to God?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment