Monday, June 11, 2018

Summer Bible Study With Good Morning Girls (Psalm 1)


     Hey y'all! Our reading for today is Psalm chapter one. I will be using the SOAK bible study method from Courtney at Women Living Well. More information on this bible study method can be found here http://womenlivingwell.org/2015/01/how-to-use-soak-bible-study-method-bible-coloring-chart/ on her site. This week you can find lots of awesome and helpful free resources that Courtney has provided for participants here https://womenlivingwell.org/2018/06/its-time-to-begin-intro-and-resources-for-psalm-1-5/ . Now lets grab our bibles and get into God's word together!

Psalm 1
S - Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.

Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.

For the Lord knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.

O - I saw a contrast between the lives of those who are saved and those who are unsaved. For those who are saved, there is ultimately a promise of abundant blessings and prosperous fruit. For those who are unsaved, there is ultimately a warning of complete destruction.

A - This chapter reminds me that because I am saved, I am assured of God's blessings over my life. I am also reminded of the fruit that I should be producing. These verses give me comfort and hope for the future.

K -Dear God, thank you for allowing me the choice to serve You. I ask that you would help me to work on finding any areas of my life that hinder my relationship with you. -Amen


     I have found so many interesting things to think about by reading through the book of Psalms so far. As I read in this chapter about the two paths available to everyone, I found myself thanking God for His promise of salvation. Upon further reflection, I also was struck with conviction. Verse three stuck out to me the most in this passage. This verse gives believers a promise of being fruitful and prosperous in our work for the Lord. When we are followers of Christ it should show outwardly in the fruit that we produce. In this season of my life, I am seeing fruit in the form of patience and love. God is giving me many opportunities to exercise the use of patience. He is teaching me to focus on showing the love of God to others rather than focus on my own selfish wants. Although I have been able to grow in these areas, I am beginning to notice a few things that are slowing down the abundant production of fruit in my life. I sometimes let my own insecurities and fears get in the way of what I feel God has called me to do. It is so easy to say yes to God when he calls us within the means of our comfort zones. It is a struggle when He calls us into the new and unknown places. I am learning to trust Him completely and realize that He would not call me to do something if He had not supplied me with the ability and strength through Him to do it.

     Overall, today's reading was extremely eye opening for me and I pray it was for you as well. Thank you for joining me today and I hope to see you back here tomorrow when we read Psalm chapter two. I will leave y'all with the discussion questions for today posted below. I invite you to fellowship with each other, share your thoughts, participate in the discussion questions, and encourage one another in the comment section below this post. Have a blessed day!
 
What fruit are you seeing in your life as a result of your love for God and His Word? Is there anything in your life that causes you to not produce fruit?

No comments:

Post a Comment