Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Summer Bible Study With Good Morning Girls (Psalm 7)


     Hey y'all! Our reading for today is Psalm chapter seven. I will be using the SOAK bible study method from Courtney at Women Living Well. More information on this bible study method can be found here http://womenlivingwell.org/2015/01/how-to-use-soak-bible-study-method-bible-coloring-chart/ on her site. This week you can find lots of awesome and helpful free resources that Courtney has provided for participants here https://womenlivingwell.org/2018/06/good-morning-girls-resources-psalms-6-10/ . Now lets grab our Bibles and get into God's word together!

Psalm 7
S - O Lord my God, in thee do I put my trust: save me from all them that persecute me, and deliver me:
 
Lest he tear my soul like a lion, rending it in pieces, while there is none to deliver.

O Lord my God, If I have done this; if there be iniquity in my hands;

If I have rewarded evil unto him that was at peace with me; (yea, I have delivered him that without cause is mine enemy:)

Let the enemy persecute my soul, and take it; yea, let him tread down my life upon the earth, and lay mine honour in the dust. Selah.

Arise, O Lord, in thine anger, lift up thyself because of the rage of mine enemies: and awake for me to the judgment that thou hast commanded.

So shall the congregation of the people compass thee about: for their sakes therefore return thou on high.

The Lord shall judge the people: judge me, O Lord, according to my righteousness, and according to mine integrity that is in me.

Oh let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end; but establish the just: for the righteous God trieth the hearts and reins.

10 My defence is of God, which saveth the upright in heart.

11 God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day.

12 If he turn not, he will whet his sword; he hath bent his bow, and made it ready.

13 He hath also prepared for him the instruments of death; he ordaineth his arrows against the persecutors.

14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood.

15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made.

16 His mischief shall return upon his own head, and his violent dealing shall come down upon his own pate.

17 I will praise the Lord according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the Lord most high.

O - I saw David ask God for deliverance. He tells God that he is innocent of the accusations being made about him. He prays for the judgment of God. Lastly, he states that the Lord is and always will be his defender.

A - This chapter reminds me that God will deliver us. When people turn against us and try to tear us down, He will defend us from them.

K -Dear God, thank You for all the times You have delivered me from situations that I was never meant to be involved in. I ask that You would help me to remember that You are the only defense I need. -Amen


      I have found so many interesting things to think about by reading through the book of Psalms so far and today is no different. As I read in this chapter about David turning to God to be his defender, I was reminded of how I need to work on doing this. David pleaded for deliverance, judgment, and defense. He trusted God enough to be confident that He would see Him through. Verse ten stuck out to me the most in this passage. This verse reminds me that God is faithful to defend those who are true believers. Maybe someone has falsely slandered your reputation. Maybe you are facing personal attacks that seem as impossible to overcome as facing a giant in battle. There have been times when I have tried to face those types of situations only utilizing my own strength. However, I have failed because I cannot accomplish these feats on my own. We need to remember that we serve a God who is able to make impossible things possible. Our Lord is just to make our enemies fall if we turn to Him and humbly ask for help. I am learning to depend on God to be my defender. He is helping me to begin to view impossible battle through a different perspective. He is teaching me about His strength and His promise to defend me.

     Overall, today's reading helped me to see that the Lord is and always will be our greatest form of defense. I pray that you were able to see this as well. Thank you for joining me today and I hope to see you back here tomorrow when we read Psalm chapter eight. I will leave y'all with some discussion questions for today posted below. I invite you to fellowship with each other, share your thoughts, participate in the discussion questions, and encourage one another in the comment section below this post. Have a blessed day!
 
Has there been a time in your life when you faced impossible battles? How did you see God defend you in those times of difficulty?



No comments:

Post a Comment