Monday, June 18, 2018

Summer Bible Study With Good Morning Girls (Psalm 6)


     Hey y'all! Our reading for today is Psalm chapter six. I will be using the SOAK bible study method from Courtney at Women Living Well. More information on this bible study method can be found here http://womenlivingwell.org/2015/01/how-to-use-soak-bible-study-method-bible-coloring-chart/ on her site. This week you can find lots of awesome and helpful free resources that Courtney has provided for participants here https://womenlivingwell.org/2018/06/good-morning-girls-resources-psalms-6-10/ . Now lets grab our bibles and get into God's word together!

Psalm 6
S - O Lord, rebuke me not in thine anger, neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure.
 
Have mercy upon me, O Lord; for I am weak: O Lord, heal me; for my bones are vexed.

My soul is also sore vexed: but thou, O Lord, how long?

Return, O Lord, deliver my soul: oh save me for thy mercies' sake.

For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?

I am weary with my groaning; all the night make I my bed to swim; I water my couch with my tears.

Mine eye is consumed because of grief; it waxeth old because of all mine enemies.

Depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity; for the Lord hath heard the voice of my weeping.

The Lord hath heard my supplication; the Lord will receive my prayer.

10 Let all mine enemies be ashamed and sore vexed: let them return and be ashamed suddenly.

O - I saw David bogged down in his troubles. He asks God to show him mercy. He talks of how weary he has become. Lastly, he states that the Lord has heard his cries and will answer his prayer.

A - This chapter reminds me to not lose myself in my worries and despair. In times of trouble I should turn to the Lord and believe that He will see me through.

K -Dear God, thank You for hearing my desperate prayers. I ask that You would help me to trust that You will make a way even when I can't see one myself. -Amen


      I have found so many interesting things to think about by reading through the book of Psalms so far and today is no different. As I read in this chapter about David reflecting on his despair and circumstances, I saw myself. I have a tendency to do the same thing. However, David turned his sorrow to triumph by the end of this Psalm. Verses eight and nine stuck out to me the most in this passage. These verses remind me of Gods faithfulness to hear our cries in times of struggles. We sometimes find ourselves in the valleys and become so discouraged that we quit seeking after God. I have been guilty of doing this exact thing. I cry and pity myself in stead of turning to God in prayer.  We need to remember that all things in life are seasons and we will never be in the same season forever. Our troubles will come and go but our heavenly Father will stand by us always. I constantly have to remind myself of that truth. I am learning to lean on the Lord when I am feeling defeated. God is helping me turn to him for all my needs. He is teaching me how to overcome through Christ.

     Overall, today's reading helped me to see that I can turn to God for support and I pray it did for you as well. Thank you for joining me today and I hope to see you back here tomorrow when we read Psalm chapter seven. I will leave y'all with some discussion questions for today posted below. I invite you to fellowship with each other, share your thoughts, participate in the discussion questions, and encourage one another in the comment section below this post. Have a blessed day!
 
In what ways do you reach out to God in times of despair? Can you describe a time in your life when you overcame something through the help of the Lord?



No comments:

Post a Comment