Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Summer Bible Study With Good Morning Girls (Psalm 3)


      Hey y'all! Our reading for today is Psalm chapter three. I will be using the SOAK bible study method from Courtney at Women Living Well. More information on this bible study method can be found here http://womenlivingwell.org/2015/01/how-to-use-soak-bible-study-method-bible-coloring-chart/ on her site. This week you can find lots of awesome and helpful free resources that Courtney has provided for participants here https://womenlivingwell.org/2018/06/its-time-to-begin-intro-and-resources-for-psalm-1-5/ . Now lets grab our bibles and get into God's word together!

Psalm 3
S - Lord, how are they increased that trouble me! many are they that rise up against me.
 
Many there be which say of my soul, There is no help for him in God. Selah.

But thou, O Lord, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head.

I cried unto the Lord with my voice, and he heard me out of his holy hill. Selah.

I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the Lord sustained me.

I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people, that have set themselves against me round about.

Arise, O Lord; save me, O my God: for thou hast smitten all mine enemies upon the cheek bone; thou hast broken the teeth of the ungodly.

Salvation belongeth unto the Lord: thy blessing is upon thy people. Selah.

O - I saw David trusting God in the midst of everyone against him. David chose not to believe the lies of people saying God would not help him. In stead, he recognized God's power and His faithfulness to see him through any trial that came his way.

A - This chapter reminds me that my God will take care of me. I am also reminded that I must be faithful in trusting in Gods promises. These verses give me comfort and peace in knowing that I should not fear because I am safe with God.

K -Dear God, thank You for always guarding me when storms come my way. I ask that you would help me to remember to turn to You in hard times and not give in to doubt. -Amen


      I have found so many interesting things to think about by reading through the book of Psalms so far and today is no different. As I read in this chapter about Davids trials and his untouched faith in God, I began to desire a faith like that. David was facing the doubt of others saying God wouldn't help him. He was facing the loneliness of everyone being against him. Within his difficult circumstances he was able to stay true to believing that God would help him. Verse three stuck out to me the most in this passage. This verse is a statement of confidence in God. David was not asking the Lord to protect him, he was holding fast to and stating the promise that He would protect him. We as believers, sometimes forget that God has the ability to and will protect us if we trust in Him. I have gone through trials in my own life just as many of you have. I have had circumstances that felt overwhelming and definitive in the moment. I know how it feels to have everything go wrong , to stand in front of mountains that seem immovable, and to give into the fear that overtakes me. It is so easy to give into our fears when everything looks hopeless. When I encounter difficult times, I find comfort in prayer. When fear begins to creep in, I pray and I surround myself in Gods promise to never leave me. I am learning that prayer is a powerful thing. God is helping me increase in my faith everyday and teaching me how to trust in Him more and more.

     Overall, today's reading helped me recognize the potential for my faith to grow and I pray it did for you as well. Thank you for joining me today and I hope to see you back here tomorrow when we read Psalm chapter four. I will leave y'all with the discussion questions for today posted below. I invite you to fellowship with each other, share your thoughts, participate in the discussion questions, and encourage one another in the comment section below this post. Have a blessed day!
  As you go through trials, how can you choose to increase your faith instead of increasing your fears?

No comments:

Post a Comment