Thursday, June 28, 2018

Summer Bible Study With Good Morning Girls (Psalm 13)


     Hey y'all! Our reading for today is Psalm chapter thirteen. I will be using the SOAK bible study method from Courtney at Women Living Well. More information on this bible study method can be found here http://womenlivingwell.org/2015/01/how-to-use-soak-bible-study-method-bible-coloring-chart/ on her site. This week you can find lots of awesome and helpful free resources that Courtney has provided for participants here https://womenlivingwell.org/2018/06/good-morning-girls-resources-psalms-11-15/. Now lets grab our bibles and get into God's word together!

Psalm 13
S - How long wilt thou forget me, O Lord? for ever? how long wilt thou hide thy face from me?
 
How long shall I take counsel in my soul, having sorrow in my heart daily? how long shall mine enemy be exalted over me?

Consider and hear me, O Lord my God: lighten mine eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death;

Lest mine enemy say, I have prevailed against him; and those that trouble me rejoice when I am moved.

But I have trusted in thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in thy salvation.

I will sing unto the Lord, because he hath dealt bountifully with me.

O - I saw David crying out in despair. He then prays to the Lord to hear him. Lastly, he returns to rejoicing and trusting in God.

A - This chapter reminds me that the times when I feel the most discouraged are the times I should trust God the most. 

K -Dear God, thank You for always being there for me even when I don't always run straight to You. I ask that You would help me to always seek You first even in times of despair. -Amen


      I have found so many interesting things to think about by reading through the book of Psalms so far and today is no different. As I read in this chapter about Davids transition from despair into rejoicing, I found myself feeling encouraged. Verse six stuck out to me the most in this passage. In this verse David displays the attitude that we should all have during times of trouble. David makes the decision to pray and then trust in Gods mercy. He chose to manage his feelings and not let his feelings manage him. David rejoiced in God's gift of salvation and found confidence in remembering what the Lord had done for him in the past.

     This passage reminds me of the song "All Things" made popular by Nicole Binion. The lyrics of the song speak about trusting in God to see you through your circumstances. I love the lines "WHEN I CANNOT SEE IT, GOD I STILL BELIEVE IT, YOU ARE WORKING ALL THINGS FOR MY GOOD." It is definitely easy to get lost in despair and not be able to see yourself moving past your problems. However, if we can just have the smallest bit of trust, we can cling to the hope we have in the Lord. We have to remember to sing about the goodness of the savior and be thankful for His many blessings. I am learning to rejoice in the midst of my worries. God is teaching me how to be an over comer.

     Overall, today's reading helped me to see the importance of rejoicing despite our troubles and I pray it did for you as well. Thank you for joining me today and I hope to see you back here next week as we read Psalm 16-20. I will be posting on Wednesday. I will leave y'all with some discussion questions for today posted below. I invite you to fellowship with each other, share your thoughts, participate in the discussion questions, and encourage one another in the comment section below this post. Have a blessed day!
 
Are you in the midst of a trial? Despite your difficulties, what can you praise God for today?
 
"All Things" -Sung by Nicole Binion, Written by Joshua Dufrene and David Binion


No comments:

Post a Comment