Friday, June 22, 2018

Summer Bible Study With Good Morning Girls (Psalm 10)


     Hey y'all! Our reading for today is Psalm chapter ten. I will be using the SOAK bible study method from Courtney at Women Living Well. More information on this bible study method can be found here http://womenlivingwell.org/2015/01/how-to-use-soak-bible-study-method-bible-coloring-chart/ on her site. This week you can find lots of awesome and helpful free resources that Courtney has provided for participants here https://womenlivingwell.org/2018/06/good-morning-girls-resources-psalms-6-10/ . Now lets grab our bibles and get into God's word together!

Psalm 10
S - Why standest thou afar off, O Lord? why hidest thou thyself in times of trouble?
 
The wicked in his pride doth persecute the poor: let them be taken in the devices that they have imagined.

For the wicked boasteth of his heart's desire, and blesseth the covetous, whom the Lord abhorreth.

The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after God: God is not in all his thoughts.

His ways are always grievous; thy judgments are far above out of his sight: as for all his enemies, he puffeth at them.

He hath said in his heart, I shall not be moved: for I shall never be in adversity.

His mouth is full of cursing and deceit and fraud: under his tongue is mischief and vanity.

He sitteth in the lurking places of the villages: in the secret places doth he murder the innocent: his eyes are privily set against the poor.

He lieth in wait secretly as a lion in his den: he lieth in wait to catch the poor: he doth catch the poor, when he draweth him into his net.

10 He croucheth, and humbleth himself, that the poor may fall by his strong ones.

11 He hath said in his heart, God hath forgotten: he hideth his face; he will never see it.

12 Arise, O Lord; O God, lift up thine hand: forget not the humble.

13 Wherefore doth the wicked contemn God? he hath said in his heart, Thou wilt not require it.

14 Thou hast seen it; for thou beholdest mischief and spite, to requite it with thy hand: the poor committeth himself unto thee; thou art the helper of the fatherless.

15 Break thou the arm of the wicked and the evil man: seek out his wickedness till thou find none.

16 The Lord is King for ever and ever: the heathen are perished out of his land.

17 Lord, thou hast heard the desire of the humble: thou wilt prepare their heart, thou wilt cause thine ear to hear:

18 To judge the fatherless and the oppressed, that the man of the earth may no more oppress.

O - I saw David explaining the thoughts and ways of the wicked. He asks God for justice against the wicked. Lastly, he states confidence in the Lords judgement.

A - This chapter reminds me that God will continue to hear those who are faithful to Him. However, His judgment will come to those who are wicked.

K -Dear God, thank You for attending to the humble desires of my heart. I ask that You would help me to always remember that You are just and merciful. -Amen


      I have found so many interesting things to think about by reading through the book of Psalms so far and today is no different. As I read in this chapter about Davids description of the wicked and the the judgment of God, I found myself being thankful for Gods mercy. Verse ten stuck out to me the most in this passage. This verse reminds me of Gods goodness to those who are faithful to Him. The Lord will listen to the desires of our heart. He will uplift our heart and lay the foundation for our personal spiritual preparedness. I feel comfort in knowing that the Lord hears my needs even if I am not able to express them. I am learning to always be mindful of the goodness of the Savior. He is teaching me how to be confident in Christ.

     Overall, today's reading helped me to realize that God is aware of our needs and I pray it did for you as well. Thank you for joining me today and I hope to see you back here next week as we read Psalm 11-15. Due to schedule changes, I will only be posting once a week for the remainder of this series. I will definitely post on Wednesdays and if time permits maybe more. Thank you for your patience and understanding. I will leave y'all with some discussion questions for today posted below. I invite you to fellowship with each other, share your thoughts, participate in the discussion questions, and encourage one another in the comment section below this post. Have a blessed day!
 
In what ways has God given you the desires of your heart? How has God uplifted your heart?



No comments:

Post a Comment